Definición de oropendola en inglés:
A large gregarious tropical American bird of the American blackbird family, which has brown or black plumage with yellow outer tail feathers, and constructs a pendulous nest.
- Genus Psarocolius, family Icteridae: several species
- According to Ridgely and Tudor, it is more likely to be mistaken for a cacique than an oropendola in the field.
- In one spot deep within the gorge, the pendulous nests of green oropendolas adorn the outer branches of a tall tree growing on one of the river's small islands.
- We obtained samples from 25 oropendola individuals for our study, chosen to represent variation within and between 8 of the 11 species of oropendola recognized by Sibley and Monroe.
late 19th century: from Spanish, literally 'golden oriole'.
Definición de oropendola en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia