sustantivo (plural orreries)
- A clockwork model of the solar system, or of just the sun, earth, and moon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The discs could be set to the current configuration of planets to act as a crude orrery.
- An orrery shows all the planets and their positions, sometimes not to scale, around the sun.
- The orrery in the corner steadily creaks out the minutes of the day, its rods and disks spinning the tiny planets, suns, and moons over and around the world.
early 18th century: named after the fourth Earl of Orrery, for whom one was made.
Más definiciones de orreryDefinición de orrery en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.