Definición de orthorexia en inglés:
1An obsession with eating foods that one considers healthy.
- I don't know about orthorexia, but it's great having an excuse for being fussy.
- What holds most women back from the brink of full-on orthorexia is the fear of becoming obsessive and losing all their friends.
- There are a variety of subspecies of the illness, including one called orthorexia, so-called health food junkies.
1.1 (also orthorexia nervosa) A medical condition in which the sufferer systematically avoids specific foods that they believe to be harmful.
- The latest eating disorder is known as orthorexia nervosa, an obsessive eating of pure foods in the quest for improved health.
- Although many experts believe orthorexia nervosa may be a genuine concern, some think it's not a clinically useful diagnosis.
- Bigorexia, orthorexia, non-purgative bulimia - is there no end to the illnesses you can catch from trying to eat healthily?
orthorexic adjetivo& sustantivo
- Example sentences
- Every potential orthorexic reaches a moment of self-revelation when they realise that they're either going to have to compromise or stay at home alone juicing beetroot and celery for ever.
- As an anorexic, I looked down on people who ate heartily; I think orthorexics like being awkward and see people who eat what I would term ‘rubbish’ food as weak and unhealthy.
- Like anorexia, it often involves severe weight loss, but so-called orthorexics are obsessed with food quality, rather than quantity, and strive for personal purity in their eating habits rather than for a thin physique.
Definición de orthorexia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan