Definición de orthotics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The branch of medicine that deals with the provision and use of artificial devices such as splints and braces.
- This week he collected his Doctorate of Philosophy from Salford University, where he is a lecturer in prosthetics and orthotics.
- All these new experiences, all these new words; orthotics, podiatry, pronation, pedometer, the joys of sports psychology.
- Since he never patented the mask, other orthotics specialists are free to make their own versions; James, for example, was fitted at a Cleveland hospital.
- Example sentences
- Appropriate types of off-loading techniques and bracing may require consultation with a podiatrist, pedorthist, or an orthotist.
- Gauvry is trained as an orthotist, an orthopedic-related specialty that involves the clinical treatment of orthopedic problems and injuries.
- The normal mode that the braces are placed into by the orthotist did not significantly decrease the net knee moment and also had the lowest percentage reduction in the medial compartment load.
Definición de orthotics en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan