Definición de oscine en inglés:
Relating to or denoting passerine birds of a large division that includes the songbirds. Compare with suboscine.
- Suborder Oscines, order Passeriformes
- The ability of territorial oscine males to discriminate between songs of neighbors and strangers has received considerable attention, but this phenomenon is virtually unstudied in suboscines.
- A possible explanation for this apparent limited interest is that oscine song, the dominant model for avian acoustic studies, is learned.
- In many oscine species, song or syllable repertoire size increases from young to older birds, although not in all studies.
sustantivoVolver al principio
An oscine bird.
- Cracraft shows an unresolved three-way split between oscines (which form the large majority of passerine birds), suboscines, and New Zealand wrens.
- In addition, intrinsic individual variation, including learned cultural differences in oscines, provides the raw material for vocal divergence through drift or selection.
- Blue-throated Hummingbirds show convergence with oscines in vocal complexity, song organization, song function, and possible learning of some song elements.
Definición de oscine en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan