- The chemical element of atomic number 76, a hard, dense silvery-white metal of the transition series. (Symbol: Os)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scientists speculate that the asteroids would probably be very rich in minerals with a very high melting point, such as iron and nickel or rarer metals like tungsten, osmium, and zirconium.
- With the exception of two of the platinum-group metals, osmium and iridium, they have the highest melting temperatures and lowest vapor pressures of all metals.
- Along with osmium and platinum, iridium is one of the densest elements in the periodic table: two cubic feet of it weigh as much as a Buick.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek osmē 'smell' (from the pungent smell of its tetroxide).
Más definiciones de osmiumDefinición de osmium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.