adjetivochiefly Zoology & Medicine
- Consisting of or turned into bone; ossified.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The osteoblasts produce osseous tissue, become embedded in the matrix they manufacture, and are then renamed osteocytes, to reflect their change of status.
- At only a few weeks of age, a kitten's bones have not yet hardened and become osseous.
- The most common sites of origin for osseous lesions are the long bones, such as the femur or humerus or the pelvic bones.
late Middle English: from Latin osseus 'bony' + -ous.
Más definiciones de osseousDefinición de osseous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.