Definición de ostentatious en inglés:
Characterized by pretentious or showy display; designed to impress: a simple design that is glamorous without being ostentatious
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His way of life may seem a bit ostentatious, but his energy and enthusiasm is infectious, and there is nothing snobbish or affected about him.
- Hey you - people in love, do you have to be so ostentatious about it?
- He was always smartly dressed but not in an ostentatious way.
showy, pretentious, conspicuous, obtrusive, flamboyant, gaudy, garish, tinsel, tinselly, brash, vulgar, loud, extravagant, fancy, ornate, affected, theatrical, actorly, overdone, over-elaborate, kitsch, tasteless
US black English dicty
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- She pounces on an empty seat and gestures ostentatiously to me that the one opposite is free.
- He is also an Olympian namedropper, ostentatiously recounting how much Keith Richards enjoyed his company.
- They are ostentatiously nonchalant, disinclined to become too involved, at least to begin with.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of course some percentage of this represented authentic business and educational expense, but much of it was pure ostentatiousness or ‘gallery’ as we are wont to describe in local parlance.
- Perched high over the ocean, the modest homes spoke of a more reasonable society free from the ostentatiousness of mainstream Hollywood.
- Del Mar never grew to an unmanageable size or broad-avenued ostentatiousness, because it couldn't.
Palabras que riman con ostentatiousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, capacious, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, disputatious, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, fugacious, gracious, hellacious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mendacious, mordacious, perspicacious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sebaceous, sequacious, setaceous, spacious, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, vivacious, voracious
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia