A bone cell, formed when an osteoblast becomes embedded in the material it has secreted.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Strain detection in the skeleton is thought to be effected by bone-lining cells and osteocytes embedded within the bone matrix.
- These cells, the osteocytes, have long extensions which pass down an interlocking network of canaliculi in the bone.
- Building new bone is in part a problem of balance: regulating osteocytes, that add bone, and osteoclasts, that break it down.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Differentiated osteocytic cells derived from the interior of calvarial bone chips were compared to osteoblastic cells from the surface.
Definición de osteocyte en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.