Physiology & Medicine
Definición de osteoid en inglés:
Resembling bone in appearance or structure.
- Fulcra at either end of columnal strongly divergent, giving columnal an osteoid appearance.
- None of the CF patients' undecalcified biopsy specimens in the present study demonstrated the osteoid parameters (excess osteoid surfaces and thick osteoid seams) characteristic of vitamin D deficiency osteomalacia.
- These compounds are incorporated into hydroxyapatite crystals that are deposited in an osteoid matrix during new bone formation.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
The unmineralized organic component of bone.
- The cancer cells produce a bony substance called osteoid, which builds up into lumps on the bone.
- Because of its rarity the diagnosis may not be considered, particularly if osteoid is sparse.
- Osteoid osteoma is a benign tumor containing osteoid in a stroma of loose vascular connective tissue.
Definición de osteoid en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan