- (Of a person or their behaviour) governed by external circumstances and the behaviour and standards of others: post-war sociologists who saw American society as full of other-directed menMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This source of motivation tends to be externally based when the student is primarily other-directed and seeking affirmation of traits, competencies, and values.
- Both were other-directed in the behavior and inner-directed in their rather fierce determination to see a very particular policy become law.
- Beethoven managed to put an end to this noble tradition by inaugurating a barbaric U-turn away from an other-directed music to an inward-directed, narcissistic focus on the composer himself and his own tortured soul.
Más definiciones de other-directedDefinición de other-directed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.