Each of three small oval calcareous bodies in the inner ear of vertebrates, involved in sensing gravity and movement.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The macular neuromast organs bear otoliths, as described above.
- Like the inner ear in humans, the otolith plays a role in hearing and balance.
- All of the identifiable teeth and otoliths from the samples were identified and depth ranges were assigned to each taxon based on the known depths of living counterparts.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Equally, head movements made in space, where gravitational acceleration is almost eliminated, will elicit sensations of turning from the canals, which are not matched by the normal otolithic signals.
- The apical processes of receptor cells in the macula project into a gelatinous mass, the otolithic membrane.
Definición de otolith en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda