An instrument designed for visual examination of the eardrum and the passage of the outer ear, typically having a light and a set of lenses. Also called auriscope.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- No significant differences were found between the groups in terms of reported symptoms or a physical examination with an otoscope.
- To examine the ear, doctors use an otoscope, a small instrument similar to a flashlight, through which they can see the eardrum.
- Some might carry blood counting equipment or culture media for throat swabs, otoscope, ophthalmoscope, catheters, sterile gloves, sutures, needles, scissors, and other such essentials…
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Children with otoscopic signs of acute inflammation were eligible for the study if they did not have symptoms of serious disease or a history of significant complications from otitis.
- No significant changes were recorded in the qualitative analysis of tympanometry results and otoscopic observations.
- The predictive ability of tympanometry was lower, however, if the otoscopic examination showed retraction or other signs of effusion, but myringotomy demonstrated the absence of middle ear fluid.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: oto|scope
Definición de otoscope en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda