- A form of poetry consisting of stanzas of eight lines of ten or eleven syllables, rhyming abababcc: I wrote the answer in ottava rimaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the fifth assignment we finally stared metre directly in the face: the assignment was to write a sonnet, terza rima or ottava rima, in iambic pentameter.
- Shelley composed this playful work of 78 stanzas in ottava rima within the space of three days.
- The portrait also contains sheets of simulated verse to emphasize that he specialized in terza rima and ottava rima.
late 18th century: from Italian, literally 'eighth rhyme'.
Más definiciones de ottava rimaDefinición de ottava rima en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.