Definición de outcrop en inglés:
A rock formation that is visible on the surface: dramatic limestone outcrops
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Surrounding this lowlying area are ‘horsts’ of Palaeozoic rocks, and outcrops of Triassic conglomerates that drain into the basins of the Trent, Warwickshire Avon and the Severn.
- Xenoliths, which are pieces of wall rock, or xenocrysts, which are single mineral grains that originate from xenoliths, can commonly be recognized at outcrops of magmatic rocks.
- In western Thailand and eastern Myanmar, Mesozoic rocks are scattered and discontinuous, and outcrops of Palaeogene rocks are very rare.
verbo (outcrops, outcropping, outcropped)[no object] Volver al principio
Appear as an outcrop.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- At the very entrance of the cave there is a mammoth rock outcropping with a huge footprint.
- From there a path twists its way through outcropping crags and tiny lochans to the summit, perched precariously on top of its own little crag.
- Back tire slurping and bouncing wildly, I kept going, finally slithering to a halt when I saw Jeff and Joe crouched under a rock outcropping.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In 2002, a dozen Moroccan soldiers planted a flag on Parsley Island, a small, uninhabited outcropping off the shore near Ceuta.
- My den was probably a cubbyhole in some hillock or outcropping of rock.
- I had my tripod set up on a rock outcropping in the direction of the wind.
Definición de outcrop en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Pakistán