- 1A line or set of lines enclosing or indicating the shape of an object in a sketch or diagram: the chalked outline of a human bodyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These often show white underdrawing, probably white chalk, or outlines sketched in thin oil paint, either in white or a slightly darker shade of the ground colour.
- On a bright yellow ground, round or oval passages of gritty, greenish relief become squirting slices of citrus fruit, their outlines sketched in charcoal.
- Thin, firm outlines now enclose each figure's palpably modeled form and the palette focuses on jewel-like variations on the primaries and black.
- 1.1The contours or bounds of an object: the outlines of dockside warehouses standing sharp on the skylineMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And the next shot is exactly that of a languid, exquisitely shaped flower which picks up and repeats the outline of the bound foot.
- The common female pictogram usually appears on women's restrooms, and the figure typically has the outline of a skirt.
- Proportion we say is these outlines and contours positioned in proportion in their places.
- 2A general description or plan showing the essential features of something but not the detail: an outline of parliamentary procedure [as modifier]: an outline proposalMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The General submitted the broad outlines of his plan to Lincoln and the President trusting in Grant approved the design without seeking to know the details.
- It is a criterion that those of us who teach college students would do well to keep in mind as we plan our course outlines.
- On both sides, however, there is broad agreement on the general outlines, despite extensive divergence on the details.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Draw, trace, or define the outer edge or shape of: her eyes were darkly outlined with kohlMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The noise was Paula opening the door, blue dawn light outlining the frayed edges of her hair.
- The wind whipped at her skirt pulling the material taut across her calves and thighs, outlining her shape as the marble of a statue.
- Once both coats have dried, carefully outline the edges of the door with your trim material (we glued on a gold border).
- 2Give a summary of: she outlined the case brieflyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At the start of each day, a semi-official guide is issued outlining the expected order of business.
- We issued a report outlining the problem and made recommendations on how to solve it.
- Delegates said a statement will be issued later outlining the results of the meetings.
- In broad terms: the plan has been agreed in outlineMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So that, briefly in outline, is what we're going to do.
- The arguments for this view are complex and difficult to summarise briefly, but in outline are as follows.
- The proposals, which have been submitted in outline form to City of York Council, include 720 new homes in buildings up to seven storeys high.