Definición de ovary en inglés:
sustantivo (plural ovaries)
1A female reproductive organ in which ova or eggs are produced, present in humans and other vertebrates as a pair.
- The remaining uterus, cervix, ovaries, and fallopian tubes were otherwise unremarkable.
- No other abnormalities were detected in the cervix, uterus, ovaries, or fallopian tubes.
- Steroids are produced by the cortex or outer layer of the adrenal gland and by the ovaries and testes.
1.1 Botany The hollow base of the carpel of a flower, containing one or more ovules.
- Each carpel has a terminal stigma and a basal ovary with a single ovule.
- Many possess, at the base of the ovary, a disc-like nectary from which nectar is secreted via modified stomata.
- If both of the ovaries in a flower contained pollen tubes a mean value was used in the analyses.
Definición de ovary en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan