1An enclosed compartment, usually part of a cooker, for cooking and heating food: bake the dish in a preheated oven figurative the house was like an oven when I came in
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most homeowners were left without basic living means after central heating, cookers, ovens, house alarms and telephones were damaged beyond use by the fault.
- The versatility of the cuisine and the custom of cooking in community ovens or tandoors have entered the homes of many communities.
- There is a range of integrated appliances including an oven, cooker and four-ring ceramic hob.
stove, kitchen stove, microwave (oven), (kitchen) range;
New Zealand hangi
1.1A small furnace or kiln.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Since the pieces are still quite moist, they must be dried in large ovens, called kilns, before they become hard enough to be packed.
- The site contains several scheduled monuments, including beehive coking ovens, calcining kilns, blowing engine houses, and a unique lift tower which was used to transport material to the top of the furnaces.
- The following day, the coke ovens and one blast furnace were reported to have collapsed due to low temperatures and the absence of maintenance staff.
2A cremation chamber in a Nazi concentration camp.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- What about the millions of Jews cremated in Nazi ovens?
- Can someone tell me how many concentration camps and ovens would that take?
- With due speed, German industrialists were required to design and produce ovens and gas chambers that would enable the mass murders to be carried out quickly and cleanly without involving German personnel too much.
Old English ofen, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch oven, German Ofen, from an Indo-European root shared by Greek ipnos.
Palabras que riman con ovencoven, govern, misgovern, sloven
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: oven
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda