Pronunciación: /əʊvəˈleɪ /(past and past participle overlaid) [with object] (often be overlaid with)
- 1Cover the surface of (something) with a coating: their fingernails were overlaid with silver or goldMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In several examples, the base metal is overlaid with silver, and many of the inlays are gold or silver.
- The unidentified base metals are overlaid with silver.
- In the rest of the house all parts were overlaid with gold and adorned with gems and mother-of-pearl.
- 1.1Lie on top of: a third screen which will overlay the othersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The results are displayed on a screen and often overlaid on a map.
- These images were digitized and overlaid on a computer screen.
- She seems to be having some kind of a disco thing going on, with her screen overlaid three times on top of itself and a hundred horizontal bars racing up and down the picture.
- 2(Of a quality or feeling) become more prominent than (a previous quality or feeling): his openness had been overlaid by his new self-confidenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Any of us can become terrified at any moment if fear overlays us.
- Football retained tenacious local loyalties, overlaid by denominational and social rivalries, mediated by the search for success and corresponding reward.
- Consequently, the difficult circumstances of their current situation are at least partially overlaid by a larger faith in the dignity of labor, the power of collective action, and the ultimate triumph of the working class.
Pronunciación: /ˈəʊvəleɪ /Volver al principio
- 1Something laid as a covering over something else: a durable, cost-effective floor overlayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Films, coatings, and overlays generally become less cost effective as production quantities increase, especially when the entire surface of work pieces must be hardened.
- Watch how the pros produce stunning decorative overlays from start to finish, including surface preparation, pre-overlay repair, placing, and finishing.
- The company's warehouse floor serves as a testing ground for new finishes, overlays, and polishing techniques.
- 1.1A transparent sheet placed over artwork or something such as a map, giving additional information or detail: full-colour aerial photographs with overlays showing suggested routesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The structure of the painting reveals itself as do those anatomical diagrams with transparent overlays illustrating the separate skeletal, circulatory, pulmonary and muscular systems.
- Analysts may create additional overlays as needed.
- Circle the corresponding number on the reader service card for more information about stampable vertical overlays.
- 2 [mass noun] Computing The process of transferring a block of program code or other data into internal memory, replacing what is already stored.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- New code was added to Maya to remove the requirement for hardware overlay in order to provide compatibility even with nonaccelerated drivers.
- 2.1 [count noun] A block of code or other data transferred during the overlay process.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, MCS-L does not allow users to relate or join external user-defined databases to overlays.