A bridge by which a road or railway line passes over another.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It also involves dismounting to clear bridges, under bridges, overpasses, signs, culverts and guard rails.
- He said registration officials would have a hard time registering eligible voters living in slums or under bridges and overpasses.
- This involves what's called surface infrastructure, and so you're talking about bridges, roads, overpasses, possibly the reconstruction or refurbishment of ports and so forth.
verbo[with object] rare
Surpass: did not its sublimity overpass a little the bounds of the ridiculous?
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sometimes we overpassed, we overdid things, but our hard work paid off later.
- Wherefore also he used to overpass by a very great deal the lines marked out, in every way springing higher than the very heaven.
- Today I returned and overpassed my normal training loads.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: over|pass
Definición de overpass en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda