Prescribe (a drug or treatment) in greater amounts or on more occasions than necessary: doctors have been overprescribing antibiotics for decades
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Antimicrobial drugs are overprescribed and inappropriately used.
- Older adults often are overprescribed antibiotics for treatment of chronic coughs with thickened sputum.
- Physicians overprescribe antibiotics because of patient demand and fear of lawsuits.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When people talk about Ritalin the immediate reaction is that there is overprescription.
- ‘For sheer overprescription, no doctor can touch the American farmer,’ reported Newsweek.
- While the public concerns itself with overprescription, about half of children with ADHD go without treatment in a given year.
Definición de overprescribe en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.