- 1(Of something for sale) applied for in greater quantities than are available: shares on sale in Europe were oversubscribedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The share sale was hugely oversubscribed and at one point the shares were 27% higher than the issue price of 850 rupees.
- When Medco Energi Internasional of Indonesia put $150 million in bonds up for sale in May, the offer was eight times oversubscribed.
- Because oversubscribed issues are subject to quantity rationing, uninformed investors may find that they are eventually allocated more overpriced issues.
- 1.1(Of a course or institution) having more applications than available places: the school is already oversubscribed, despite its feesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The University, which claims to have ‘rigorous methods of distinguishing between very able candidates’, also quashed suggestions that they would introduce a lottery system for oversubscribed courses.
- University boat clubs are oversubscribed and lots of schools are starting rowing which is great.
- The awards will help universities and colleges differentiate between candidates for oversubscribed courses.
Más definiciones de oversubscribedDefinición de oversubscribed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.