Definición de overt en inglés:
Done or shown openly; plainly apparent: an overt act of aggression people with HIV progressing to overt AIDS
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sometimes a stab is an overt piece of aggression visible for all to see, but there are more subtle ways of achieving the same aims.
- We believe that a more rational approach requires the reorganisation or overt restriction of services.
- The only exclusion criterion was overt signs of vitamin A deficiency, which was not present in any child.
undisguised, unconcealed, plain to see, plainly seen, plain, clear, apparent, conspicuous, unmistakable, obvious, noticeable, observable, visible, manifest, patent, open, public, above board;
blatant, glaring, shameless, brazen
- overtness sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Pundits are in awe of how overtly political she is - and they assume that her overtness is a sign of her excellence.
- There was something awakening inside me at this overtness, and that's why women in my paintings are overt.
- Transparency of word, overtness of execution - these are American characteristics.
Middle English: from Old French, past participle of ovrir 'to open', from Latin aperire.
Palabras que riman con overtadvert, alert, animadvert, assert, avert, Bert, blurt, Burt, cert, chert, concert, controvert, convert, curt, desert, dessert, dirt, divert, exert, flirt, girt, hurt, inert, insert, introvert, Kurt, malapert, pert, quirt, shirt, skirt, spirt, spurt, squirt, Sturt, subvert, vert, wort, yurt
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda