- 1 [with adverbial of place] Spend the winter: many birds overwinter in equatorial regionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The film director humorously compared the number of people who rectified their name with the number of black-faced spoonbills, a protected migratory bird that overwinters in Taiwan.
- Though the population is still fragile, today as many as 1,000 birds overwinter in the state.
- Most of them overwinter elsewhere, like the broad-tailed and rufous hummingbirds that pass the cold months in central Mexico, migrating back in summer to drink flow-er nectar and make their chicks on high.
- 2(Of an insect, plant, etc.) live through the winter: the germinated seeds will overwinterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When temperatures drop, stable flies overwinter as larvae or pupae in piles of larval breeding material.
- Larvae overwinter in the stalk, pupate in early summer, and adults emerge from June to September.
- Seedcorn beetles overwinter as adults or pupae.
Más definiciones de overwinterDefinición de overwinter en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.