verbo (past overwrote; past participle overwritten)[with object]
- 1Write on top of (other writing): many names had been scratched out or overwrittenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A 5th-cent. manuscript of these lectures, the most substantial legal work of the Principate to survive, was discovered in Verona in 1816 overwritten by later writing.
- And then I overwrite a 3 page decision with a phone list.
- 1.1 Computing Destroy (data) by entering new data in its place: an entry stating who is allowed to overwrite the fileMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Another flaw, also in Oracle Reports, could allow an attacker to overwrite files on the targeted server.
- It wasn't going out to delete data or overwrite files.
- The software scrambles the file by overwriting the data with random characters that make it impossible to retrieve.
- 1.2 another term for overtype.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This way, when we type another word for search, the existing one will automatically be overwritten.
- The recipient can the either review the changes or overwrite the previous address card.
- It appears MSNBC simply overwrote the old story with the new one, using the exact same file name.
- 2Write too elaborately or ornately: there is a tendency to overwrite their parts and fall into clichéMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He has a tendency to overwrite and he gorges on gimmickry.
- The sentence is an example of the author's tendency to overwrite, and to let his thoughts get obscured by mixed metaphors and convoluted syntax.
- I do believe new writers have a tendency to overwrite and to overwrite really badly.
Más definiciones de overwriteDefinición de overwrite en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.