- The part of the ovary of seed plants that contains the female germ cell and after fertilization becomes the seed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The number of pollen tubes and ovules in the ovaries of each of six dissected pistils from each cross is shown.
- It is well known that most flowering plants produce more ovules than the number of seeds they mature.
- Once the pollen has fertilized the egg cell contained within the ovule, the ovule develops into a seed, and the ovary of the enclosing carpel begins to enlarge and ripen, forming the fruit.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These filial organs are enclosed by a maternal seed coat, derived from one or both ovular integuments.
- Nevertheless, there is a consensus that the palisade layer, which develops from the outer epidermis of the outer ovular integument, is critical in determining the permeability property of a seed coat.
- However, any role of ethylene, produced due to damaging the ovular base, cannot be excluded.
early 19th century: from French, from medieval Latin ovulum, diminutive of ovum.
Más definiciones de ovuleDefinición de ovule en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.