Definición de ovule en inglés:
The part of the ovary of seed plants that contains the female germ cell and after fertilization becomes the seed.
- The number of pollen tubes and ovules in the ovaries of each of six dissected pistils from each cross is shown.
- It is well known that most flowering plants produce more ovules than the number of seeds they mature.
- Once the pollen has fertilized the egg cell contained within the ovule, the ovule develops into a seed, and the ovary of the enclosing carpel begins to enlarge and ripen, forming the fruit.
- Example sentences
- These filial organs are enclosed by a maternal seed coat, derived from one or both ovular integuments.
- Nevertheless, there is a consensus that the palisade layer, which develops from the outer epidermis of the outer ovular integument, is critical in determining the permeability property of a seed coat.
- However, any role of ethylene, produced due to damaging the ovular base, cannot be excluded.
Definición de ovule en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia