- A curved lake formed from a horseshoe bend in a river where the main stream has cut across the narrow end and no longer flows around the loop of the bend.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hereabouts the river meanders; there is a hint of an oxbow lake.
- Meanwhile, a small family of endangered giant river otters lolls gracefully in a protected area of an oxbow lake nearby.
- In a familiar oxbow lake, there were gallinules and egrets, even a couple of brightly colored wood ducks and five blue-winged teal.
Más definiciones de oxbow lakeDefinición de oxbow lake en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.