Definición de oxytocin en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
A hormone released by the pituitary gland that causes increased contraction of the womb during labour and stimulates the ejection of milk into the ducts of the breasts.
- Suckling causes the mother's pituitary gland to release two hormones, oxytocin and prolactin.
- There, hormones called prolactin and oxytocin are released into the bloodstream.
- The plan was to use a gradually increasing concentration of oxytocin in order to stimulate uterine contractions.
- Example sentences
- The score was not influenced by use of epidural anesthesia, oxytocic agents, or prostaglandins.
- Patients taking certain medications, including alpha- and beta-adrenergic blocking agents, oxytocic medications, sympathomimetic agents, general anesthetics, and monoamine oxidase inhibitors are more sensitive.
- Although the research isolated prostaglandins from other forms of induction, it failed to isolate those women induced specifically with oxytocic drugs and those who were not induced but were given augmentation.
Definición de oxytocin en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan