- Adding that third oxygen atom makes ozone a very pushy and highly obnoxious little molecule.
- Water vapour, carbon dioxide, ozone, methane, nitrous oxide, and the chlorofluorocarbons are known as Greenhouse Gases.
- The four usual agents of deterioration in the air apart from oxygen and water are sulphur dioxide, hydrogen sulphide, ozone and nitrogen dioxide.
- Tropospheric ozone can permanently damage people's lungs and prohibit plants from producing and storing food.
- Also, the presence of stratospheric ozone sandwiched between the satellite and the troposphere makes seeing tropospheric ozone very difficult.
- So, as we learn more about stratospheric ozone and climate change, what were once two separate problems have become more and more entwined.
- Because of wind patterns, most ozone blows east to Fountain Hills.
- The rain had taken the city's baseline odor of fear and body fluids and replaced it with fresh, sweet-smelling ozone.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The invention relates to a method of disinfecting seed, wherein the seed is treated with ozonic gas.
- Use ozonic water in the spray bottle, and spray it onto the blankets, bed, clothes every morning!
Mid 19th century: from German Ozon, from Greek ozein 'to smell'.
Today the usual association of ozone is with the ozone layer, a layer in the earth's stratosphere that absorbs most of the harmful ultraviolet radiation reaching the earth from the sun, and which is under threat from atmospheric pollutants. Ozone is a strong-smelling, poisonous form of oxygen whose name goes back to Greek ozein ‘to smell’. It was originally believed to have a tonic effect and to be present in fresh air, especially at the seaside. In Penelope Mortimer's autobiographical About Time (1987) she writes: ‘An important part of our middle-class Englishness was the seaside holiday—no baking on a Mediterranean beach, but lungfuls of ozone, gales, hard sand.’
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ozone
Definición de ozone en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.