- 1An object or group of objects wrapped in paper or packed in a box: someone had left a suspicious packageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Next to her place was a dry goods store where they still wrapped your packages in brown paper before sending you home.
- Don opened the brown paper wrapped package slowly, and undid the tape on a box inside of it.
- ‘Happy Birthday,’ she said quietly as she took out a wrapped package from her bag and handed it to me.
- 1.1North American A packet: a package of peanutsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Edelman is also hoping that the recent increases in the cost of a package and carton of cigarettes will keep some youngsters from starting the habit.
- The Pica Limon came in a package very similar to Pico Diana; very small individual packets full of powder.
- For years - decades, perhaps - every package of chopsticks I've ever seen around here has come in the same red wrapper.
- 2 (also package deal) A set of proposals or terms offered or agreed as a whole: a package of measures announced by the governmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He will propose a whole package of measures against smuggling and money laundering, which will be coordinated with other government institutions.
- As well as re-grading 999 calls, police chiefs have announced a whole package of radical proposals aimed at streamlining policing in Greater Manchester.
- The plan offers a package of trade and aid initiatives for Africa, coupled with help to end civil wars and improve governance across the continent.
- 2.1 • informal A package holiday: a two-day package to ParisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The peace and quiet of the North Coast of Bulgaria is a choice that many make based on its luxurious holiday packages, tour operators and foreign guests.
- Lighthouse tours were included in my vacation package and I was in the mood for sightseeing.
- To greet the Labour Day break, Shangri-La, the largest hotel group in China, is launching a special package for holiday-makers.
- 3 Computing A collection of programs or subroutines with related functionality: CAD and banking packagesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That same year, the technology was further developed into a software package called Internet Phone Software.
- Applicants should have a competency in computer-based accounts, spreadsheets, word-processing and data based packages.
- Sophisticated software packages and search databases are being touted around to help detect literary theft.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Put into a box or wrapping for sale or transport: choose products which are packaged in recyclable materials (as adjective packaged) packaged foodsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Avoid margarine, deep fried foods, and packaged baked goods.
- The mixture is then poured into moulds for curing, packaged and transported to the MCC warehouse in Winnipeg.
- Cut flowers could be packaged and transported in many ways, but mainly in flower cups, sleeves, boxes, bulk bins, pallets and containers suitable for air and sea transport.
- 1.1Combine (various products) for sale as one unit: films would be packaged with the pictures of a production companyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- By observing their spending habits and behaviour, you can identify your location for distribution as well as other considerations such as how much to package in one product unit.
- Like most packaged products, with-profits funds offers nothing more than a well-diversified portfolio of equities, bonds, cash and property.
- 1.2Commission and produce (a book, typically a highly illustrated one) to sell as a complete product to publishers: it’s a question of trying to package the book properlyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The reader who buys his book will get a readable translation and a neatly packaged one - that's, one that's self-contained and told in the form of a continuous story.
- Fortunately, the best articles of that era have been packaged into a new book edited by George Curry, editor of Emerge from 1993 to 2000.
- The new book is similarly packaged but is much more limited in scope.
- 2Present (someone or something) in an attractive or advantageous way: school science is packaged to appeal to boys, not girls (as adjective, with submodifier packaged) everything became a carefully packaged photo opportunityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I do wonder when watching it how the entire two weeks living someone else's life is packaged and presented to us.
- What's more, Chissick has come up with a most attractive way to package the revue.
- The question is how do you present and cover and package news in a way that doesn't make people fall asleep?
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- North of the USA, Canada has forced cigarette packagers to carry anti-smoking images on the packs, such as a photo of a cancerous lung or a statement linking smoking to impotence.
- By the time a product arrives on the supermarket shelf the cost of the food is a small proportion of the total, which has been bumped up by transporters, packagers, distributors and retailers.
- Farmers and food packagers everywhere will have to maintain paper trails on genetically altered food products.