Definición de paddlefish en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or paddlefishes)
A large mainly freshwater fish related to the sturgeon, with an elongated snout.
- The plankton-feeding Polyodon spathula of the Mississippi basin, and the fish-eating Psephurus gladius of the Yangtze River, the only surviving members of the family Polyodontidae
- American paddlefish are mainly freshwater fish but can survive in brackish water.
- Since sturgeons and paddlefish have lost many traits of most bony fish - they lack scales and have a cartilaginous skeleton - their fossil records are very sparse.
- Within the Chondrostei, only sturgeons, bichirs and paddlefishes survive today, and many are threatened.
Definición de paddlefish en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan