- A Spanish dish of rice, saffron, chicken, seafood, etc., cooked and served in a large shallow pan: they make paella almost every day [count noun]: enjoy your paellasMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is far more of a wet rice soup than a dry rice dish such as Spanish paella or even Italian risotto.
- The traditional paella with seafood, chicken and chorizo for €7.60 put a new twist on the word ‘traditional’.
- Arroz bomba, the rice many Spanish restaurants use for paella, is very rare and expensive.
Catalan, from Old French paele, from Latin patella (see patella).
Más definiciones de paellaDefinición de paella en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.