- 1Of or appropriate to a painter; artistic: she has a painterly eyeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Foss here presents us with a summa of the painterly realist effort in her gentle abstracting of landscape form and color that goes for the soul.
- Fresh painterly qualities enhance McFarlin's power to situate us in ‘Netherworlds.’
- Cleary is not a painterly artist; indeed, she goes to great effort to conceal her method of execution.
- 1.1(Of a painting or its style) characterized by qualities of colour, stroke, and texture rather than of line: Botticelli is a linear painter, whilst Rembrandt’s work would be considered painterlyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I believe he used ‘dots’ to create the image rather than traditional painterly styles.
- In the 1930s, Heliker made landscapes in a Cezannesque painterly style.
- The following year Krasner abruptly changed direction, returning to a sensuous painterly style in which human, animal, and plant forms play prominent roles.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the plaster couple the painterliness of facture is accentuated by applied highlights of color, while in the bronzes the verdant patina emphasizes the work's mass over its flickering surface.
- These are works that celebrate paint and painterliness, with abstract expressionist style.
- This encouraged a dramatic painterliness in many artists - such as Delacroix and Turner - and made it into a precursor of modernism in this as in many other aspects.
Más definiciones de painterlyDefinición de painterly en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.