Definición de palatal en inglés:
1Relating to the palate: a palatal lesion
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The lesion was distal and palatal to the maxillary left second molar, which was vital.
- Infectious mononucleosis should be suspected and a diagnostic evaluation obtained in febrile patients who have sore throat plus splenomegaly, palatal petechiae, or posterior, axillary, or inguinal adenopathy.
- Lesions may also affect the palate, pharynx, and larynx, causing palatal dysfunction, dysphagia, dysphonia, and aspiration.
1.1 Phonetics (Of a speech sound) made by placing the blade of the tongue against or near the hard palate (e.g. y in yes).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Modern Portuguese is characterized by an abundance of sibilant and palatal consonants and a broad spectrum of vowel sounds.
- His spelling of tree and leg shows that the Proto-Athabaskan velars had not yet become palatal affricates, as they soon thereafter did.
- In the International Phonetic Alphabet, < c > represents a voiceless palatal stop, < q > a voiceless uvular stop.
sustantivoPhonetics Volver al principio
A palatal sound.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The problem with this is that these languages display palatals in the vicinity of both front and back vowels, and even before other consonants.
- Serbian has a fairly extensive set of palatals and three sets of affricates.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Here, he fed me a physically light but palatally super-heavy duck liver and foie gras tartine, roasted quail with deep-fried quails' eggs, and a brilliant wood pigeon on parsnip risotto.
- The palatally displaced canine anomaly is a tooth malposition occurring in 1% to 3% of most populations.
- We demonstrated that, during the palatally induced jaw-closing reflex, the tongue extended at jaw closure.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán