- Forty percent of head and neck cancers occur in the oral cavity, including the tongue, floor of the mouth, palate, lips and oropharynx.
- This surgery involves drawing tissue from either side of the mouth to rebuild the palate and requires two or three nights in the hospital, the first night in the intensive care unit.
- The palate is defined anatomically as the roof of the mouth.
- This north Indian food festival has the essential ingredients to suit different palates.
- In the past, children's palates were trained to appreciate different kinds of flavours in different societies through eating together with adults.
- The Spanish palate is different than the Mexican palate; though the two countries share the same tongue they have different tastes.
- This is a lovely medium sweet wine with a luscious palate of lemon squash and lime with a crisp mineral finish.
- This is a fresh unoaked style with plenty of weight on the palate, zingy acidity and flavours of apples and pears.
- Other suitors for venison include English old ales, with their rich, round, malty palates; and American brown ales, weighing in with caramel and chocolate flavors.
Late Middle English: from Latin palatum.
The word palate is from Latin palatum ‘roof of the mouth’. It came into English in this sense and rapidly developed the meaning ‘sense of taste’, but use of the word for wine tasting dates only from the 1970s.
Palabras que riman con palateballot
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pal¦ate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.