- 1A territory under the jurisdiction of a count palatine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For centuries it was a palatinate under the jurisdiction of the bishop.
- The county was made palatinate under the Earl of Chester, a title that now belongs to the Prince of Wales.
- A rival duchy, the House of Bavaria, schemes to use him against the House of Baden to gain possession of the treasured ‘Baden palatinate.’
- 1.1 (the Palatinate) The territory of the German Empire ruled by the Count Palatine of the Rhine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For a pound and thirty pence I had acquired a territory greater in surface area than the Palatinate of the Rhine.
- Spain did aid the Catholics and the son of the Elector of the Palatinate (a Protestant) aided the Huguenots.
- One clause promised to buy off Conde's German mercenaries, led by John Casimir of the Palatinate, with a payment of 500,000 ecus.
Más definiciones de palatinateDefinición de palatinate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.