Definición de palingenesis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The exact reproduction of ancestral characteristics in ontogenesis.
- In a process the philosopher Ernst Cassirer, in his Essay on Man, called palingenesis, the past is recreated as a living organism in which every separate element is connected.
- Palingenesis has been used for the exact reproduction of ancestral features by inheritance.
- There was no obvious palingenesis bone shown in. the X-ray images.
early 19th century: from Greek palin 'again' + genesis 'birth'.
- Example sentences
- Agreeing on the fact that ‘change could not come about by waiting for economic laws to ‘bring about palingenetic events’ ‘, Gramsci strongly advocated a voluntarist approach to politics.’
- Mazzini thought Italy's unity could be fostered only through ‘a collective palingenetic experience,’ by undergoing a process of ‘struggle, sacrifice, and martyrdom’ comparable to a religious transformation.
- Like other palingenetic movements, Strapaese did not condemn modernism and modernity outright but, as Braun argues, wished to reconcile aspects of modern technology and avant-gardism with adherence to tradition.
Definición de palingenesis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan