- A straw mattress.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then piling up all the rest of the furniture, the mattresses, palliasses and chairs, he stopped up the windows as one does when assailed by an enemy.
- There were two chamber pots between 1000 men and there were 4 kilometres of corridors along which the wounded, sick and dying lay on straw palliasses, their filthy greatcoats their only blanket.
- The ground in our particular spot is very hard & after our palliasses in Trentham & on the boat we all find it rather uncomfortable at present.
early 16th century (originally Scots): from French paillasse, based on Latin palea 'straw'.
Más definiciones de palliasseDefinición de palliasse en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.