- A solid saturated fatty acid obtained from palm oil and other vegetable and animal fats.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: CH3(CH2)14COOH
- Examples of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids are palmitic acid and linoleic acid, with 16 carbons and no double bonds, and 18 carbons with three double bonds, respectively.
- A common example is beeswax that is composed primarily of myricyl palmitate, formed by the reaction of palmitic acid with an alcohol.
- When this esterifies with only a vegetable fat-based palmitic acid, it is considered a halal vitamin A for milk fortification.
mid 19th century: palmitic from French palmitique, from palme (see palm1).
Más definiciones de palmitic acidDefinición de palmitic acid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.