- Examine (a part of the body) by touch, especially for medical purposes: the skin of the lower neck must be palpated for cysts and infectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- No mass was palpated on physical examination, and her mammography was negative.
- Thyroid masses and lymphadenopathy that cause obstructive dysphagia can be palpated on examination of the neck.
- During the examination, the clinician should palpate the skin for temperature changes.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some experts have called for ultrasonography and abdominal palpation to detect these aneurysms.
- Physical examination included sinus palpation and evaluation for nasal edema, erythema, or discharge.
- The physical examination also should include careful palpation of the lymph nodes, liver, and spleen.
mid 19th century (earlier (late 15th century) as palpation): from Latin palpat- 'touched gently', from the verb palpare.
Más definiciones de palpateDefinición de palpate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.