Examine (a part of the body) by touch, especially for medical purposes: the skin of the lower neck must be palpated for cysts and infection
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- No mass was palpated on physical examination, and her mammography was negative.
- Thyroid masses and lymphadenopathy that cause obstructive dysphagia can be palpated on examination of the neck.
- During the examination, the clinician should palpate the skin for temperature changes.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some experts have called for ultrasonography and abdominal palpation to detect these aneurysms.
- Physical examination included sinus palpation and evaluation for nasal edema, erythema, or discharge.
- The physical examination also should include careful palpation of the lymph nodes, liver, and spleen.
Mid 19th century (earlier (late 15th century) as palpation): from Latin palpat- 'touched gently', from the verb palpare.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pal|pate
Definición de palpate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda