- A noticeably rapid, strong, or irregular heartbeat due to agitation, exertion, or illness: the stimulants gave me palpitationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Most of the time, palpitations and irregular heartbeats are harmless.
- Syncope associated with exertion or palpitations suggests cardiac causes.
- I have had a number of patients in my practice that had their first episode of rapid heart action and palpitation during pregnancy.
late Middle English: from Latin palpitatio(n-), from the verb palpitare (see palpitate).
Más definiciones de palpitationDefinición de palpitation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.