Definición de panache en inglés:
- It is cute, astute, cerebral football, a mirror image of their studious manager though with an added dash of style and panache.
- Flaws cannot be concealed by style and panache.
- It just confirms what local men in the know have always stressed - Kerry women have few equals when it comes to style and panache.
- This picture shows us how to wear a plumed helmet with a warrior's panache.
- Made of a colorful lame fabric the crown is wrapped with brown velvet and adorned at the side with brown ostrich feather panache.
Mid 16th century: from French, from Italian pennacchio, from late Latin pinnaculum, diminutive of pinna 'feather'.
Soldiers in the 16th century would often wear a tuft or plume of feathers in their helmets. This tuft or plume was the original panache, a word that goes back to Latin pinnaculum ‘little feather’ from pinna ‘feather, wing, pointed peak’. Men trying to give an impression of elegance or swagger would imitate the fashion, whose stylish associations gave rise to the modern sense, ‘flamboyant confidence’, in the late 19th century. Pinnaculum is also the source of pinnacle (Middle English), and pinna of a bird's pinion (Late Middle English), and of pen and pin.
Palabras que riman con panacheabash, ash, Ashe, bash, brash, cache, calash, cash, clash, crash, dash, encash, flash, gnash, hash, lash, mash, Nash, pash, plash, rash, sash, slash, smash, soutache, splash, stash, thrash, trash
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.