sustantivo (plural pancreases)
A large gland behind the stomach which secretes digestive enzymes into the duodenum. Embedded in the pancreas are the islets of Langerhans, which secrete into the blood the hormones insulin and glucagon.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Crucial to this is the hormone insulin, which is secreted into the blood by the pancreas - a gland found behind the stomach.
- Insulin is the hormone secreted by your pancreas that regulates your level of blood sugar.
- The pancreas secretes the hormone insulin which is the key to allowing glucose to enter the cells.
late 16th century: modern Latin, from Greek pankreas, from pan 'all' + kreas 'flesh'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The portion of pancreas had a dilated pancreatic duct but no discrete masses.
- This is followed by an anastomosis of the jejunum to the pancreatic duct, common bile duct, and stomach.
- The antral mucosa showed pancreatic acinar cell metaplasia and intestinal metaplasia.
Definición de pancreas en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.