(Of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most topical is the risk of pandemic influenza, which seems to be the highest in three decades.
- Mr Abbott today announced that the government would speed up funding for research into pandemic influenza.
- It is a remarkable achievement which increases Britain's ability to cope with pandemic flu, should it happen.
An outbreak of a pandemic disease: the AIDS pandemic
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two highly contagious enteroviruses are known to cause epidemics and pandemics of acute haemorrhagic conjunctivitis.
- Women also face severe constraints because of outbreak of pandemics like HIV / AIDS and other diseases.
- Influenza pandemics are global outbreaks that emerge infrequently and unpredictably and involve strains of virus to which humans have little or no immunity.
Mid 17th century: from Greek pandēmos (from pan 'all' + dēmos 'people') + -ic.
Palabras que riman con pandemicacademic, alchemic, endemic, epidemic, polemic, totemic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pan|dem¦ic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda