- 1A single sheet of glass in a window or door.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Doors with glass panes require a double-cylinder deadbolt to prevent someone from breaking the glass, reaching in and unlocking the door.
- A MAN who pleaded to causing damage to a door and breaking two panes of glass at a house was ordered to compensate the owner, at the November 22 sitting of Carlow District Court.
- In the central image, the girl sits on the top steps, the glass panes in the front door visible behind her.
- 1.1 Computing A separate defined area within a window for the display of, or interaction with, a specified part of that window’s application or output.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You should now see the audio tracks displayed on the right pane of the software window.
- It has some great features, including tabbed documents and a multi-pane screen with the ability to keep notes in a separate pane.
- As an example, here are images of the panes of a computer using a standard USB keyboard and mouse, and one using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse connection.
- 2A sheet or page of stamps.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1958, the Post Office ceased the practice as collectors were purchasing only the plate blocks, leaving broken panes of stamps in post offices.
- The pane of 24 stamps also contained 24 connecting tabs in 12 designs.
- This cover bears a pane of nine stamps from the Wedgwood £3 book of stamps and is unaddressed.
late Middle English (originally denoting a piece of something, such as a fence or strip of cloth): from Old French pan, from Latin pannus 'piece of cloth'.