- It covered four million acres with some of the purest water in the world and was home to more than 40 indigenous plants and 300 species of birds, plus black bears, panthers, and gray foxes.
- Two-thirds of the sightings involved large black animals resembling melanistic leopards, also known as panthers.
- The Himalayan region is home to elephant, deer, panther, wild ass, buffalo and snow leopards.
- Cougars are also known as mountain lions, panthers, and pumas.
- Many beautiful big cat species, including the ocelot, lynx, Florida panther, and American jaguar, are in serious danger.
- Known by many names - puma, cougar, catamount, panther - this large feline predator was once wide-spread throughout much of North America.
Middle English: from Old French pantere, from Latin panthera, from Greek panthēr. In Latin, pardus 'leopard' also existed; the two terms led to confusion: until the mid 19th century many taxonomists regarded the panther and the leopard as separate species.
Definición de panther en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.