Definición de pants en inglés:
- The chaps Tom and I have styled all bought pants or boxers and vests and have all reported back that they are soft, fit really well and that their women think they look much better.
- Many stores now sell bikinis as separates, so you can buy the pants and bra in different sizes to ensure a perfect fit.
- Department store Marks & Spencer is launching an underwear range for men featuring thongs and glittery pants.
- The women that Isis had a glimpse of wore either bell-bottomed trousers, denim pants, or blue jeans.
- The shirts tucked into tight, ebony brown rawhide pants, trousers designed to keep the warmth in and the cold out.
- Lord I am so grateful for drawstring pants and trousers with elastic.
- It's not art - it's pants.
- I thought I'd give it a go. Unfortunatly, I'd not looked at the opinions of others on Ciao..........boy, do I wish I had! It's pants. It really is a poor program.
- informal Catch someone in an embarrassingly unprepared state: it’s a wonder the government hasn’t been caught with its pants downMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In Australia we were caught with our pants down when our nurses began to strike.
- I mean, I knew the guy was a rotten apple, I knew what he was up to, and he still managed to catch me with my pants down because I simply didn't pay attention at the right time… ah, figuratively speaking, of course.
- I could not believe the irony of the fact that for our one and only sighting of this most secretive of creatures I had been caught with my pants down, both metaphorically and literally speaking.
- 2fly (or drive) by the seat of one's pants
- informal Rely on instinct rather than logic or knowledge: I was flying by the seat of my pants because I’d never managed anybody beforeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- After finding fame and success you can't just fly by the seat of your pants (when it comes to creativity).
- Be prepared and don't fly by the seat of your pants.
- Well, ‘something came up’ and they didn't show up, so I was stuck with teaching it, trying to fly by the seat of my pants.
- 3scare (or bore etc.) the pants off someone
- informal Make someone extremely scared (or bored etc.): she scared the pants off all who worked with herMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's a fine line between motivating people to stop smoking and scaring the pants off them.
- If there is one category of horror movies that scares the pants off me, it's zombies, and this remake certainly got me jumping and twitching in my seat.
- There is a class of person who delights in trying to scare the pants off you with appalling tales of child-rearing horror.
Mid 19th century: abbreviation of pantaloons (see pantaloon).
pantaloons from late 16th century:
In Italian Pantalone, was one of the stock characters in the Italian theatre called the commedia dell'arte, which was popular from the 16th to the 18th centuries, and later in English pantomime. In the Italian tradition he was a foolish old man in a predominantly red costume that included long close-fitting trousers that covered the feet. These trousers must have made an impression, as from the 17th century the name pantaloons was given to a succession of styles, including that worn by Pantaloon himself. In the USA from the mid 19th century pantaloons was a name for any trousers, hence the modern term pants (mid 19th century). See zany
Palabras que riman con pantsHants, Northants
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.