Definición de papier collé en inglés:
sustantivo (plural papiers collés pronounced igual)[mass noun]
1The technique of using paper for collage.
- In 1912 Braque and Picasso began to introduce collage and papier collé: this lent a clearer, if schematic, system of reference into a style which had become increasingly abstract.
- Gris too made extensive use of papier collé, and Matisse's use of cut-out paper shapes in his late work is a development of the technique.
1.1 [count noun] A collage made from paper.
- As defined by the Cubists, the papier collé had limited the artist's role to arranging elements; Arp went even further and eliminated the traditional "artistic" notion of arranging forms in relation to each other.
- In Braque's and Picasso's very first papiers collés, shading stops being pointillist and suddenly becomes broad and incisive again.
French, literally 'glued paper'.
Definición de papier collé en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan