- A reversal of the normal order of genes in a chromosome segment involving only the part of a chromosome at one side of the centromere.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Within several Drosophila species groups, such as the Hawaiian Drosophila or the repleta species group, the number of polymorphic and fixed paracentric inversions recorded in each chromosomal element is very unequal.
- On the basis of the distribution of paracentric inversions, Anopheles gambiae has been subdivided into five subspecific chromosomal forms.
- Preliminary meiotic analysis of the F 1 hybrid showed the occasional formation of an anaphase I bridge between two large chromosomes, as is typical for paracentric inversions.
Más definiciones de paracentric inversionDefinición de paracentric inversion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.