- The parade will set off from Victoria Square at 2.35 pm to walk through the town centre towards Bolton Parish Church in Churchgate for a service at 3pm.
- The parade will set off from Albert Square at about 1pm this Sunday and wind its way to Chinatown for an afternoon of celebration.
- Dozens of people lined Salisbury Street in Amesbury to watch a parade from the car park to St Mary and St Melor Church.
- Militia units, particularly elite volunteer regiments, used the occasion to march in parades and display their military prowess and social standing.
- The president salutes army troops during a military parade yesterday, during the final inspection before leaving office.
- The crowd and live television audience were treated to a spectacular display of military parades, flypasts and parachutists.
- There are countless winks to the audience as a parade of stars appears in self-effacing cameos.
- It was tough concentrating, because there on the pavement was a non-stop parade of women who appeared to be lifetime members of the What Not To Wear Club.
- The exhibition also saw a parade of ethnic dresses for men, women and kids.
- Jests against religion, sneers at the piety of the godly, irreverent and shocking swearing, and a boastful parade of the immoralities they have committed make up the conversation, I fear, of some circles.
- Money and rank mean everything to Mr. Osborne, with his pompous parade of dull cynicism.
- It wants to build a £15m supermarket on the site, together with a small parade of shops and an office development.
- To support the team's work, Merton Council has arranged to clean graffiti free of charge from small shop parades.
- A little further away on Boroughbridge Road a very popular bakery closed and will now be demolished for flats, which seems a bit strange because it was part of a parade of shops.
- He was really funny, but laughing was forbidden on the parade square.
- They filled the parade square of Howe Barracks as the soldiers arrived by coach from nearby Manston Airport where they had touched down a couple of hours earlier after flying from Kuwait via Cyprus.
- I think that one of the most telling images of the queen was that three days later, she was going down the Mall in an open carriage to Horse Guards parade just as she would have done.
- My mother would often parade in public places with me whenever she would go out and I was not doing anything at home.
- Municipal councilors, government employees and the general public then paraded around town to welcome in the Thai New Year.
- Those who dislike any form of martial mimicry or organised religion do not want to see their children parading and marching to church in uniform.
- They chased a now fully-clothed offender, nabbed him and marched him back over the fence and paraded him past the crowd in the Merv Cowan stand.
- The stadium staged its first meeting on July 30, 1932, when legendary greyhound Mick the Miller was paraded around the track.
- The thought of Nina clinging to Scott's arm and parading him all over school for the rest of the day made a wave of nausea sweep over me.
- The King paraded his army, hoping to impress and perhaps intimidate.
- Domed ceilings, Georgian columns and plunging chandeliers exude palatial grandeur, an impression enhanced by the amount of jewellery paraded by Glasgow's glitterati.
- The university students swagger down here as though it were a catwalk, parading their Parisian clothes.
- Most CEOs tend to think of innovation as no more than R&D, and ‘the same distortion occurs when creativity is paraded as innovation,’ say Bubner.
- Handsome, dashing even, a family man, he was paraded as a goodwill ambassador as everything that America wasn't.
- Modern Hopis and Navajos parade as hoary traditionalists, rightful stewards by ancestral occupance.
- Taking part in a parade: the men of the company stood on paradeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- After the banner was marched into position on the parade ground, the four full guards on parade fired volleys in the ripple-effect drill movement known as Fieu de Joie or Joy of Sound.
- The parade saw more than 1,500 reservists on parade watched by an audience of several thousand in the Horse Guards arena.
- A flag-raising ritual and presentation of wreaths were held to mark the occasion while the members of the 28th Infantry Battalion performed military drills on parade.
- 1.1On public display: politicians are always on paradeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Weather conditions were ideal and crowds of people lined the streets to watch the various floats on parade and enjoy the singing, dancing and entertainment.
- Homesewn designs of the new millennium have been on parade this week in the four-day Bulgarian Fashion Forum which closes tonight.
- When the Secretary of State is asleep, on holiday, or feels that this is not a moment of maximum advantage, then the lower ranks are on parade.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The paraders returned to the mosque, where refreshments were provided and the celebrations continued.
- She hopes that the colourful sights and sounds of the street paraders will encourage Hillbrow residents to join in the celebrations, instead of ‘throwing things out of windows’.
- Masqueraders, acrobats, jugglers, paraders and various artists have been lined up to take part in the inner city's first New Year's Eve carnival.
Mid 17th century: from French, literally 'a showing', from Spanish parada and Italian parata, based on Latin parare 'prepare, furnish'.
Palabras que riman con paradeabrade, afraid, aid, aide, ambuscade, arcade, balustrade, barricade, Belgrade, blade, blockade, braid, brigade, brocade, cannonade, carronade, cascade, cavalcade, cockade, colonnade, crusade, dissuade, downgrade, enfilade, esplanade, evade, fade, fusillade, glade, grade, grenade, grillade, handmade, harlequinade, homemade, invade, jade, lade, laid, lemonade, limeade, made, maid, man-made, marinade, masquerade, newlaid, orangeade, paid, palisade, pasquinade, persuade, pervade, raid, serenade, shade, Sinéad, staid, stockade, stock-in-trade, suede, tailor-made, they'd, tirade, trade, Ubaid, underpaid, undismayed, unplayed, unsprayed, unswayed, upbraid, upgrade, wade
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: par¦ade
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.